Globally Microsoft Powerpoint is a popular tool for presenting complex ideas visually. You can add text, images, videos and other creative elements to get a professional-looking presence. You can easily edit, save, and share the PowerPoint File(PPT). But sometimes, you get an error while trying to save the file. If you face “an error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file,” this article will help you identify why the error occurred. How to solve the error code?
What is PowerPoint?
Microsoft PowerPoint is a tool that uses creative visual elements, including images, graphics, text, etc., to give a professional and engaging look to a presentation. PowerPoint let you save your file in a PPT file format. You can perform virtual impact, collaborate with team members, share your idea with anyone and be able to work by PowerPoint flexibly.
Why PowerPoint Show an error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file
While you are going to save a PowerPoint file after completing a project, you get the notification, “an error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file”. This may cause several reasons. Below are some specific causes that show the error notice:
- If any corrupted data on your file
- Sometimes it may cause system errors.
- PowerPoint identified an error that it couldn’t fix.
- Somehow Presentations should be saved; then PowerPoint should be closed and restarted.
- The file can’t be saved if it was corrupt.
- Sometimes it causes inappropriate PowerPoint applications.
- Currently, if the filename is in use or not modifiable by PowerPoint.
How to Fix an error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file
A bunch of reasons behind causing the error so that you can’t save the PowerPoint file. We will describe below the best 9 ways to troubleshoot the error that occurred if your PowerPoint won’t save. Let’s see the process of how to fix them:
- Reinstall PowerPoint Application
- Save the File to a New PowerPoint Presentation
- Sign in & Out of Your Microsoft PowerPoint Account
- Check Your PowerPoint for Corrupted Slides or Images
- Repair Your Microsoft PowerPoint
- Close if your PPT file is Open Somewhere
- Use Disk Surface Test To Get Error Code
- Remove AUserForm from Microsoft Visual Basic For Application
- Check Bad Sectors On Hard Drive
1. Reinstall PowerPoint Application
The easy and fast way to solve the error problem is by reinstalling the PowerPoint application on your device. If you are going to reinstall the PowerPoint application, follow the process:
- Go to the setting menu by clicking the start bar.
- Then click on the app menu and then select program and files
- Right-click on the PowerPoint Application and choose the uninstall button.
2. Save the File to a New PowerPoint Presentation
By saving a PPT file to a news PowerPoint file, you can also solve the problem. But if you can’t be able to keep the PPT file, you need to keep a new PowerPoint file. To save a new one:
- Create a new blank presentation file.
- Copy and paste the existing content from the old file to the new file
- Click the Save As button and select the PowerPoint Presentation option to save a new presentation file.
3. Sign in & Out of Your Microsoft PowerPoint Account
You can get rid of the problem by the sign out from your PowerPoint account. You can get the solution by signing out and signing in to your account again. If you want to sign out of your process, follow the steps:
- Go to the PowerPoint application on your device.
- Click on the file menu from the top left corner and select the account option.
- Click on the sign-out option to remove access to your account on PowerPoint.
- Log in again to your account and your error problem will be solved.
4. Check Your PowerPoint For Corrupted Slides or Images
If you still need help regarding your powerpoint not saving, you can solve the issue by checking the visual content on any slides. If any slide has the case of a corrupted image, you have to face the same problem again. To solve this problem, follow the process:
- Go to the PowerPoint application on your device.
- Open the file that you can’t save and check the whole document.
- If you see any corrupted graphics files, remove them.
- Then save your content by clicking the Sae Us button.
5. Repair Your Microsoft PowerPoint
Sometimes the problem will be solved by repairing the Microsoft PowerPoint. Follow the below guidelines to improve the application:
- Press the Windows + R key from your keyboard to start the run process. Then type appwiz.cpl to lunch the program.
- Find out the Microsoft 365 app from the list. Right-click on the application and select the change button.
- Click yes and you need to select quick repair to take action.
Please wait until it will automatically fixes the problem. Then restart your computer to ensure you solve the problem.
6. Close if your PPT file Open Somewhere
You can check your error ppt file that it opens other applications or somewhere else. If you find that file, you can’t open it together somewhere close to it to save it.
Check out your preview file option by opening the View tab. If the file you want to save is in open read-only mode or open in preview mode, you can’t keep your file also. So close the read-only mode to save the file.
7. Use the Disk Surface Test To Get Error Code
When you try to save a file system error, sometimes you face the error problem in keeping the PowerPoint file. You can check the error using File Explorer and EaseUS Partition Master. Those tools are capable of diagnosing the error problem and as well as can solve it. Le’s see the guideline for how you fix it:
- Open the file explorer on your device
- Find out this PC and click on the icon.
- Find out the drive where the error files were stored.
- Right-click on the storage you want to check and select the Properties option.
- Navigate the Tools menu and hit on the check button.
- Wait until the checking process is done.
- If any problem occurs, the action will automatically solve the problem.
EaseUS Partition Master
- Download and install the third-party tool EaseUS Partition Master on your Windows device.
- After installing the software, open the program and navigate the drive you want to check by the tool.
- Click the drive, select the advanced option, and then check the file system.
- Then click on the check partition option, and if you want to try fixing errors, click on the Start button.
- It will automatically start scanning the drive. After completing the scanning process, click the Finish button to end the procedure.
- Close the program and restart your device.
- If any error is found, it will automatically repair the problem.
8. Remove AUserForm from Microsoft Visual Basic For Application
Sometimes you can face an error problem using the Visual Basic application with ActiveMovie controls. The solution is to remove the user form. To do the process, follow the guidelines:
- If you see the error message on the screen, click the cancel button and open the macro option inside the PowerPoint application.
- Then click on the Visual Basic Editor function, navigate, and click on the Userform Under the ActiveMovie Control.
- You need to select the Remove UserForm…. from the file menu.
- Click on the option and the dialog box asks, “Do you want to export UserForm before removing it?” Then select where you want to save your file.
- Click on close and return to Microsoft PowerPoint Option from the file menu.
- Now you can save the file if the problem has gone.
9. Check Bad Sectors On Hard Drive
Sometimes PowerPoint wasn’t able to save a file. You can’t be able to keep the PPT file on your device’s hard drive due to bad sector. The problem occurs for the hard drive is damaged. To get the instant solution, you can use the previous tool EaseUS Partition Master to identify the hard drive’s health and error. To solve this problem, follow the steps:
- Open the EaseUS Partition Master on your device.
- Navigate and right-click on the drive that you want to diagnose.
- Select the surface test to start the process and wait until the process is complete.
- If there are any errors, identify those marked as red color.
There were several reasons behind the cause you couldn’t save the PPT file on your device. Some problems cause error data and corrupted files. We already described the nine ways to fix powerpoint can’t save errors. Follow the process to solve the file-saving problem on your PowerPoint application. We hope any one method can help you to get the solution.
More from us: