Audio drivers are essential for your computer’s sound system to work correctly. They allow your computer hardware to communicate with audio devices such as speakers, headphones, consoles, cd drivers, etc. You can’t get output from those audio devices with a damaged or collapsed Audio Driver. However, just like any other software, audio drivers can become outdated and may need to be updated. You can get instant solutions by updating your audio driver and Windows operating system. If you are facing trouble with your device’s audio drivers, this blog post will guide you through the potentiality of audio drivers and a step-by-step guide on how to update audio drivers on Windows 11.
Why Is It Important to Update Audio Drivers:
Without an audio driver, your computer hardware system doesn’t work correctly with those audio devices. Second, updating your drivers can fix any compatibility issues you may be experiencing with other software or hardware. Finally, updating your drivers can also improve your computer’s security by patching any known vulnerabilities.
How to Update Audio Drivers in Windows 11 Using the Device Manager:
The first and most popular way is updating your audio drivers using the Device Manager. You will automatically get the entire device manager package with your windows operating system. You can contact the manufacturer’s website if you miss the DriverDriver on your device. Now you can follow the processes of how to update audio drivers using the device manager:
- Go to the start menu and click on the Windows Icon.
- Click on the setting options from the start menu and type Device Manager in the search box.
- Click on the device manager to find “Sound, video, and game controllers,” Double-click the setting to expand the options.
- One by one, right, click on the option and select update drivers.
- On the next screen, you can choose “search automatically for drivers”. The system will check and update the latest version of Audio Driver.
- If this process failed you can try it manually. For this, you need to select Browse for drivers on my computer option.
- You will see “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer“, select this option and click on the next button.
- On the next screen, select your driver and click on next.
- The OS will update your windows 11 audio driver.
Now restart your windows 11 device to end the process. Follow the process if you have several audio drivers on your device.
How to Update Your Audio Drivers With Windows Update:
Alongside the device manager update, you can also update the audio drivers with your windows operating system updates. If you already get the solution, you don’t need to follow the windows update process. But if you don’t get the solution by a driver update, you can get the solution by following the process:
- Click on the windows start bar icon and then the setting option to open all the menus under the setting.
- You will see Update & security under the setting and click on it.
- In the next window, you can see Windows update and select the Advanced options from the below
- You will see the Optional update click on it and then click Driver update to expand the options.
- Find the audio Drivers that you want to update. Select the audio Driver and click download and install.
Now the Driver will automatically complete the download and install process. You need to restart the device and get the solution.
So, updating your audio drivers is essential for sound quality, compatibility, and security. Windows 11 makes it easy to update your drivers by providing two methods using Device Manager or Windows Update. Following the steps outlined, we hope you can ensure that your audio drivers are up-to-date and your computer’s sound system is working properly.
More From us: